Agricultural Economics and Natural Resources Management
RESEARCH AREAS AND INTERESTS:
- Analysis and evaluation of agricultural and rural development policies.
- Economy and management of natural resources.
- Mitigation and adaptation to climate change in the agricultural sector.
- Economic analysis of drought planning.
- Analysis and management of agricultural risks.
The Agricultural Economics and Natural Resources Management group actively participates in scientific and technical competitive public research project calls. The Group also collaborates in public-private projects through university-company partnerships and provides advice and expertise to international organizations, associations, professional agricultural organizations, and other institutions and companies.
The projects led by the Group of Agricultural Economics and Natural Resources Management are national and international, with a particular focus on European projects. It also has extensive experience working in developing countries in the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean, Asia, Latin America, and Africa.
The Group organizes and teaches specialization courses, postgraduate courses, seminars, conferences, and other dissemination activities. Also, in the educational field, they are involved in educational innovation and research experiences promoted by the UPM.
Isabel Bardají de Azcarate